7.29.2009

wal-mart wednesday {7.29}

i went to wal-mart on my lunch hour today. i'd been collecting notes on using some coupons for good deals there, but i just don't go often. today's trip was definitely worth it!

Good deals included:
- Free 6pk Nestle Life Water = Priced at $1, Coupon for $1 (I almost didn't buy this because it was mispriced or in the wrong spot or something. But it came up $1 at the register, like it was supposed to).
- Pull-Ups flushable wipes (2 packs) for $0.14 each = Priced at $1.64, Coupon for $3 off 2
- 4pk White Cloud toilet paper for $1.00 = Priced at $2.00, Coupon for $1.00
- Free Softsoap hand soap (2) = Priced at $0.97 each, Coupon for $1 off 1 (had 2 coupons so I got 2 bottles)
- Wet Wipes canister for $0.97 = $1.97 + $1 coupon
- Eggo Bake Shop (2) for $0.94 each = $1.94 + $1 coupon (had 2 coupons, so I bought 2 boxes)

It seems one of the secrets to couponing at Wal-Mart is to watch for coupons that do not have size restrictions and then purchase the smaller item at WM, where the prices are usually the lowest. For instance...I had several toilet paper coupons, but all of them (except White Cloud) had a minimum size (usually 6, 8, or 12 rolls). Since this one didn't, I was able to use it on the cheapest size. Same with the Pull-Ups wipes...there were larger containers, but the coupon didn't specify a minimum.

Summary:
Total @ full retail (pre-tax) = $23.02
Coupons = $14.00
Total Paid (post-tax) = 10.09
Saved 61%

1 comment:

  1. too funny! I went to Walmart last night and bought several of the same items! We still use the wipes and those .14 wipes can't be beat! I bought some coupons on Ebay about 6 months ago and stock piled quite a few of these... we are just now running out. I use them to keep the boys clean while we are out and about....
    I have a closet full of that White cloud TP.. My husband keeps asking me.. why are you buying more... I'm like.. cause the Q is going to expire soon!
    Oh and bought 20 $1.00 Eggo Waffle Qs for $2.00... that is a sweet deal right there...
    OH and you know about the Fuel for School rebate, right?

    ReplyDelete