7.15.2009

thrifty tuesday {7.14}

Yesterday, I stopped into Food Lion to catch a few deals before the sales switched over today. I never shop at Food Lion, but they have a lot of printable coupons online that you can pair with manufacturer's coupons. I did learn that you can only use one of each type of printable coupon per transaction. The thing that's nice about their coupons is that they are vague and usually don't include specifics on what you have to buy (including size)...see my notes below for some examples. One of the main reasons I made a special trip here is because they had 2 liters of Coke for 99 cents and Matt drinks a TON of it, so I try to get it as cheap as I can. Just a general comment - I wasn't impressed with this store. It was small and messy. But they are opening a new Food Lion that will be convenient for me - maybe it'll be nicer.

Some Deals...
Free with Overage:
- Small hand sanitizer ($0.93 + $1.00 FL Healthy Accents coupon) made $0.07 here
- Eraser ($0.59 + $1.00 FL Home 360 coupon) made $0.41 here
- Ken's Salad Dressing (2) ($2.99 ea + BOGO + $2/2 manu coupon + $2 FL coupon) made $1.01 on this one - the manager had to override the 2nd coupon on this one. Not sure why because I didn't have problems with the others. But he verified everything and was cool with overriding it.

Cheap:
- Pack of 40 store-brand diaper wipes for 12 cents ($1.62 + $1.50 FL coupon on store brand diapers or wipes - no size limitation)

- Pringles 3 cans @ $0.99 ea ($1.99 ea + $1/2 manu coupon + $2/3 FL coupon)
- Gerber baby food jars @ $0.40 ea ($.79 + $1/3 FL coupon + $0.55/4 manu coupon)
a few other things at good prices as well

Summary:
Total @ Full Retail = $54.85
Coupons = $24.50
MVP Savings = $9.70
Total Paid = $20.65
Total Savings = $34.20 (62%)

Notes: Healthy Accents is Food Lion's store brand for health type items. Home 360 is another store brand. I noticed it on baby items and school supplies, but I'm sure there are other things as well. There are printable $1 coupons for either of these. For anyone that goes to FL frequently, you should keep several of these with you so that you can use one of each every time you go. If you choose something less than $1 you will get it free (or make money) because there is no size restriction printed on the coupon. There is also one for $1.50 off Home 360 Diapers or Wipes. That's how I got the small pack of wipes for practically nothing. The FL Gerber baby food coupon is another example of how the vague wording helped. It didn't specify - it could be any 3 - so I was able to match it up with a very specific coupon from Gerber.

You can find a list of coupons and links here.

Go here and scroll down to see a list of items that are super cheap or free w/ those coupons I mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment