7.04.2009

savings saturday {7.4}

I went to Bi-Lo and Harris Teeter today. Actually, I went to Rite Aid too but I left without buying anything. A few things I learned:
1. Never grocery shop on the fourth of july
2. Harris Teeter isn't more expensive than Bi-Lo after all (it is on some things, but not as much as I thought).

I didn't buy much for some reason, so my savings aren't much to write home about...

HARRIS TEETER
Only a couple good deals
- Spray N Wash for $0.25 (BOGO + doubled $0.75 coupon)
- Free single serving cup of Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade (on sale for $1 + $1 coupon)

According to my receipt, my savings were only $5.75 in coupons and $3.25 in VIC deals. But this is misrepresented. I actually only used 2 coupons, both doubled, for a total of $2.50. And they had Corona 12-packs for $9.99 (usually in the $16 range) and Miller Lite 24-packs for $11.77 (also usually in the $16 range). Neither of those showed up as VIC savings. So, my summary below is an estimate.

Summary
Total @ Full Retail = $61.40
Coupon Savings = $2.50 (my calculation, not theirs)
VIC Savings = $13.49 (estimate)
Total Savings = $15.99 (26%)
Total Paid = $45.41


BI-LO
Good deals:
- Chex Mix@ $0.25 (BOGO + doubled coupon)
- French's Mustard @ $0.16 (BOGO + $1 coupon)
- 2 free packets of Weber grilling seasonings (BOGO + double coupon)
- A1 @ $0.50 (sale + $2 coupon)
- Free California Pizza Flatbread Melts (coupon for FREE DiGiorgno flatbread melt - worked on the C.P. one - there was also a form for a rebate on the price of it, so I can submit that and actually get paid $3.43, minus the cost of a stamp, for buying this).

Summary:
Total @ Full Retail = $41.83
Coupon Savings = $8.29
Bonuscard Savings = $13.33
Total Savings = $21.62 (52%)
Total Paid = $20.21

No comments:

Post a Comment