7.21.2009

mediocre monday {7.20}

On my way home, I stopped at Harris Teeter. As cliche as it may be, we needed milk and bread. I had a short list of some deals I wanted to take advantage of, but it was too late in the week and everything good was gone. I spent $46.86, used no coupons and saved $13.27 - not exactly great.

What I missed: I had a combined coupon for Angel Soft and Sparkle - both of which were on sale at a good price - but they were out of Sparkle. Famous Amos cookies and Crisco oil were both on BOGO and I had coupons that would be doubled - they were out of both. Harris Teeter brand olive oil was Buy 2, Get 3 free - they had one bottle left. See my point?

Then I was going to take advantage of my free pint of Starbuck Ice Cream, so I got that and had some of it last night - delicious! Then I look at my receipt today to realize that I totally forgot to give the cashier the freakin' coupon so I paid the full $4.45 for a PINT of ice cream - which I would never do, even before I started couponing. UGH!

The only good thing was that I stocked up on ground beef which was $1.47/lb this week - a great price. And I got an extra 18pack of Miller Lite which was a good price ($9.99). I got a few other things that were on sale, but not super sale. And yes, I got bread and milk - at full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment