8.04.2010

project {hybrid cards}


Several weeks ago, Jessica Sprague offered a free two-week class on her website: Computer Tricks for Cards. I first mentioned it in this post. I worked my way through the first 4 lessons at the time of the class, but never got around to sharing my creations. I still hope to go back and work on the other lessons. I always learn a lot when I follow her classes!

On Day 1, she offered printable cards, but also the template for the same cards. I skipping printing the completed ones and opted to drop in my own papers. I just used simple grid patterned papers. The "HI" circles were already done by her, so I just chose colors that complemented them. Basically, these are digital cards printed out.

Day Two, we did 'Print and Assemble'. All of the patterned papers and elements are digital and were printed. We then used a scallop punch on three strips of papers and I added a piece of ric-rac. I kept my card almost identical to her example.

Day Three: She went into detail on how to use a card template. We added papers to the template (which I knew how to do), used a brush to "stamp" on the flourish and she taught us how to color behind lettering, which is something I'd never done. Very clever! After printing, I added the three pearls and the ribbon flower, which was something else I had never done.


Day Four was a Pop-Up card! What fun!!! She taught us how to cut the card base to create the pop-up element. It's super easy, but I don't think I've ever done it. We printed all of the cute elements, which were digital. I added regular patterned paper (the polka dots), buttons tied with string, and stickles (which are hard to see in the photo). I forgot to photograph the inside of the pop-up card! Silly me.

And I have to confess that I intentionally skipped Day 5 because I didn't care much for the completed card (though I did download the free elements and watched the instructional video).

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty! I especially like the last one.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and encouraging me in the morning challenge! It is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete