12.03.2010

reverb10 {day 3}

december three: moment
Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

this prompt was incredibly difficult for me. and then that had me a little worried...why was it so hard to pinpoint a *moment* of feeling alive? but i realized the part which stumped me was trying to focus on one moment. i thought about this question for awhile, rather than forcing an answer. i went through my day, pondering what makes me feel "alive" (other than making it through a few cups of coffee in the morning).
yesterday morning, as my 21-month-old son clung to me in happy hugs, i realized exactly what it was. and he was perched there in my lap, greeting me with his silly, early-riser smile. i feel alive every time my son looks at me and smiles, hugs me for no reason, calls out "mama" or his new shortened term "ma". my heart melts a little when he gently brushes his hand over my arm to mimic a loving touch from me. and my heart breaks a little when he's upset and i can't find a way to fix it right away. i feel alive with his every breath.

101114 Coleman looking at photobook 01
a moment.

***what is reverb10?***
Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. The end of the year is an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead. With Reverb 10, we'll do both.
sidenote: i decided to back date these posts to match the prompt dates. new posts will always show up "on top" in a reader, but if you come directly to the blog, you may need to scroll down a bit to find these daily *reverb* posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment